- Use a spirit level to mark horizontal guidelines on the walls where you want the top of the shelf to be
- Then mark level lines 6mm below these top lines; this is the level line for the top of the battens you are about the fit to the wall
- Using a 6-7mm drill bit, drill holes in the wooden battens at the points where you’re going to drill into the wall. Check that you’re not going to hit any cables or pipes in the wall!
- Mark the location for the holes on the walls, using the holes you’ve drilled in the wooden battens to guide you.
- Insert wall plugs into the holes you’ve drilled
- Fit the battens to the two walls, using the 90mm screws provided, ensuring that the battens are level
- Slide the shelf over the battens.